Insured : any person who has taken out cancellation insurance with their registration for the 2013 Etape du Tour (by ticking the corresponding box on the application form)
Purpose of insurance: to reimburse registration fees paid for the 2013 Etape du Tour when the insured is forced to withdraw due to :
- death, accident or illness of the insured;
- death, accident or serious illness (requiring hospitalization) of the insured's spouse, parent or child in the thirty days before the event;
- refusal of a visa by the French authorities;
- theft of identity papers in the 48 hours prior to the start of the race;
- court summons.
Premium: € 11 on top of the registration fee (a single payment to be made for both registration and insurance)
Conditions for payment of benefits : claims for reimbursement must be accompanied by an official document justifying the participant's withdrawal from the event (notably a medical certificate in the case of accident or illness) and must be received by A.S.O. no later than 15 days
after the event. Claims will be handled within two months and the benefit paid within three months. Foreigners and persons wishing to be reimbursed by bank transfer must provide a RIB or IBAN document.
Main exclusions include:
- illness or accident suffered prior to taking out the insurance;
- psychological or psychiatric disorders, nervous or mental illness, and their consequences;
- pregnancy prior to taking out the insurance;
- deliberate action by the insured.
We recommend that you read the full terms and conditions of the policy contained in the insurer's information notice.
Insurance policy information notice