All registrations are made on-line on time to. Registration takes no more than five minutes and you will receive immediate confirmation by email. After creating your account (or logging in with your time to profile), there is just one form to complete and payment to be made (securely of course).
The race is open to everyone, including riders without a competitive cycling permit, on the condition that they are 18 or over in 2018 on the date of the event. Riders who are born in 2000 who are minors on the date of the race must provide a parental consent form.
So that everyone can enjoy the best race conditions, all participants will be ranked according to their level of ability when the race numbers are allocated.
- One race number envelope for the 2018 Etape du Tour, which includes:
Your personalised race number with:
1 road map
- Number plate - with the same race number - and cable ties to attach it to your bike
- An electronic timing chip stuck to the front number plate
- A baggage label for the bag that you’ll leave at the left luggage facilities on the morning of the race
- The Welcome Bag. An Etape du Tour rucksack with goodies from our partners and the official Etape du Tour map with details about the Village, the entertainment and activities taking place and practical information about getting to the start and finish areas.
- Bike deposits are available on Friday and Saturday from 10am to 8pm at the entrance to the Village, where you can leave your bikes in a secure area at the times indicated.
- Exclusive access to the Start Village and its many activities and entertainment, including the Tour de France Museum for fans of the event, well-known bicycle exhibitors as well as our various partners.
For more information on what awaits, click on this page.
- Medical assistance throughout the race. Necessary information will be provided on your road map.
- Both stationary and mobile mechanical assistance will be provided free of charge by our partner, Mavic (parts must be paid for), including at the feeding stations.
- Access to the feeding stations.
- If you have to withdraw from the race, we will provide transport to the finish line.
- A finishers' medal.
- Access to the Finish Village, activities and entertainment, toilets, podium and big screen.
- Access to the Pasta Party where participants can get together around a hot meal to share their experience of the race.
- Your results will be available on time to
Additional services are available:
- The personalisation of your medal.
- A photo pack with your best individual photos during the race.
- A video of your race.
Once you have finished the registration process, you will receive two emails:
- one confirming your registration for the event
- the other confirming your payment.
In addition, a tab with the name of the event will appear on your personal time to page (alongside the My Account area > "my events"), as well registration follow-up on the bottom of this page.
You must apply for a refund within a period of two months before the date of the event and 15 days after the event on the following platform: https://timeto.aonassurances.com.
A supporting document proving your inability to take part in the event will be requested. If this is a medical certificate, it must be dated no more than two days after the event.
Refunds will be paid by bank transfer within two months after the event.
If your application for a refund is approved, only the price of the race number will be refunded. Any options you signed up for during registration will not be refunded.
Unfortunately, we can’t access your request for cancellation, refund or race number transfer.
The rules of the event state that “Any registration is personal, firm and definitive and cannot be refunded for any reason”, and “no transfer of registration is authorised for any reason whatsoever”.
To check whether you signed up for cancellation insurance, you can log into your time to account, click “My Events”, then “My Order”. All the details of your registration, including any cancellation insurance, will appear here.
Discover all the information on the Insurance page.
2. race numbers
Race numbers can be collected in the Village on the following dates and times:
- Friday 6thJuly 2018 from 10am to 8pm
- Saturday 7thJuly 2018 from 10am to 8pm
Please note: No race numbers will be distributed on Sunday morning, the day of the race!
Race numbers, plates and timing systems (chips or transponders) will be provided upon presentation of:
- Your convocation with the QR code (received by email)
- Your proof of identity
- Your medical certificate, if it has not been validated by the organisation on your personal account time to on the page "my envents" or if you didn't download it.
3. medical certificate & rules
Yes. It is compulsory to present a valid medical certificate containing the words “non contre-indication à la pratique du cyclisme en compétition” (“no contra-indication to taking part in competitive cycling”) or « non contre-indication à la pratique du triathlon en compétition” (“no contra-indication to taking part in competitive triathlons”). N.B.: this must be less than a year old.
We recommend you use the model certificates available HERE :
To save your time and avoid possible stress you can directly upload your medical certificate into your timeto account, until 30 June and ensure it's valid.
A model is available here.
You can collect your race number at the Village on 6 and 7 July from 10am to 8pm with your notification letter in the form of a QR code and your proof of identity.
If you hold a 2018 licence from one of the federations mentioned below, you are exempt from providing a medical certificate. WARNING: if your federation is not mentioned, a medical certificate will be compulsory
- French Cycling Federation
- UFOLEP and FSGT (the license must include the word "cycling"
- French Triathlon Federation
- No race numbers will be issued without a licence or medical certificate.
- No medical certificates will be issued onsite and no exceptions will be granted.
- Photocopied medical certificates will be accepted.
- The wording “cyclisme en competition” (competitive cycling events) or "triathlon en compétition” (competitive triathlons) are the valid wording and the term “compétition” (competition) is crucial.
To save your time and avoid possible stress you can directly upload your medical certificate into your timeto account > my account > my events, until 30 June and ensure it's valid.
Under your Etape du Tour registration, you will have the possibility to upload your medical certificate and make sure that your medical certificate has been validated.
If your medical certificate has been refused or if you didn’t upload it, you will have to print and bring it at the bib collection (it must be dated less than a year prior the date of the race and have the wording «cycling in competition » or « triathlon in competition »).
/ ! \ No medical certificates will be accepted by post, or by email.
Yes. You must present it to collect your race number:
Rules of the 2018 edition available here :
All bikes approved by the French Cycling Federation are accepted apart from electric bikes. Recumbent bikes and handlebar extensions are not allowed.
Rigid helmets must be worn. The wearing of helmets (with the chin strap fastened) is mandatory at all times on the route. Any participant not wearing a helmet will be disqualified.
5. information about the big day
There will be a reserved area for campers. The location will be communicated in a few weeks’ time.
The race will be timed and will give rise to several rankings:
- A scratch ranking
- A real ranking
- A real ranking by category
The route will be closed to traffic throughout your race, in the same way as the Tour de France’s professional riders. However a time limit will be established in order to organise the re-opening of the route. Beyond this time limit, the route will be open to traffic again. The time schedule is available on the “Time Schedule” page clicking here.
The time schedule allows the closing of the route to be scheduled and those disqualified on L’Etape du Tour to be managed. Theses disqualifications are based on split times defined for each town crossed. These times are negotiated with the prefectures of each of the departments crossed and the departments of the National Gendarmerie. The strict application of these times (re-opening of the roads to traffic) is the key consideration if we want to continue to take advantage of a route that is completely closed for this race. The time schedule will be available on the “Time Schedule” page in a few weeks’ time.
You may be disqualified throughout the route. The “time schedule car” precisely follows the time schedule. Any rider who is overtaken by this car (equipped with a stopwatch), anywhere on the route will be considered as no longer in the race.
The “End of the Race” will be indicated by several of the organisation’s vehicles. If you are disqualified, you will be asked to take a diversion or go to one of the repatriation areas where you will be picked up by buses/trucks which will take you and your bike back to the finish village. Bicycles will be placed in the trucks and handed back to riders at the finish village upon presentation of race numbers.
A maximum race time, beyond which participants will no longer be featured in the final ranking, will also be established in 2018, to ensure that the first competitors will not have an advantage over the last ones.
6. after the race
The results will be available on the evening of the event on the website.