To do list
L’Etape du Tour is an adventure, and to enjoy it to the utmost, you need to prepare. To make sure you don’t forget anything, here is a list of things that are essential for your participation! To consult the rules of the race, click-here.
1. MEDICAL CERTIFICATE
In order to participate in a timed sports event you must provide a medical certificate (or a copy of one). It is essential to present this document at the village (it is not possible to send it in advance) in order to obtain your race number.
- The certificate must contain the wording “no contra-indication to taking part in competitive cycling events” or “no contra-indication to taking part in competitive biking events”. No other wording will be accepted.
- The certificate must be dated within one year of the event (i.e. no earlier than 17th July 2016).
In order to avoid any mistakes, you can ask your doctor to complete, stamp and sign the model below.
If you hold a 2017 licence from one of the federations mentioned below, you are exempt from providing a medical certificate. WARNING: if your federation is not mentioned, a medical certificate will be compulsory
- Fédération Française de Cyclisme
- UFOLEP and the FSGT (the licence must mention “cycling”)
- Fédération Française de Triathlon (competition category)
L’Etape du Tour is a unique sporting challenge. In the event of minor difficulties that may arise, we propose two types of insurance policies described below, which you can take out when you register.
Insured : any person who has taken out cancellation insurance with their registration for the L’Etape du Tour 2017 (by ticking the corresponding box on the application form)
Purpose of insurance : to reimburse registration fees paid for the L’Etape du Tour 2017 when the insured is forced to withdraw due to :
- death, accident or illness of the insured;
- death, accident or serious illness (requiring hospitalization) of the insured's spouse, parent or child in the thirty days before the event;
- refusal of a visa by the French authorities;
- theft of identity papers in the 48 hours prior to the start of the race;
- court summons.
Premium : € 12 on top of the registration fee (a single payment to be made for both registration and insurance)
Compensation conditions: all requests for compensation must be made via an online declaration directly with the event’s insurance underwriter https://asochallenges.aonassurances.com, no later than 15 days after the event.
This declaration must be accompanied by an official document justifying cancellation of participation and, notably, in the event of an accident or illness, a medical certificate drafted in French, English or Spanish and issued no later than two days following the event. This certificate must explicitly mention the inability to participate in the event.
Your request will be studied within two months of the event and, if justified and covered by the insurance policy, compensation will be paid to you by bank transfer within the following month.
Main exclusions include:
- illness or accident suffered prior to taking out the insurance;
- psychological or psychiatric disorders, nervous or mental illness, and their consequences;
- pregnancy prior to taking out the insurance;
- deliberate action by the insured.
We recommend that you read the full terms and conditions of the policy contained in the insurer's information notice.
This Individual Accident insurance is provided by the organiser's insurer to make sure that you are properly covered whilst taking part in the L’Etape du Tour 2017. The insurance is optional but highly recommended.
As you may know, the vast majority of your usual insurance policies (particularly your car insurance, insurance provided automatically through your bank cards, household insurance, bank loan insurance, etc.) totally exclude any participation in sports events either on an amateur or professional basis, and therefore exclude the risks involved in your taking part in the L’Etape du Tour.
It is therefore important that you check the extent of the cover provided by your normal insurance policies (and the exclusions) and, if you are not sufficiently covered or not covered at all, you should consider taking out the proposed insurance policies by clicking on the link below.
This insurance will cover you if you have an accident whilst taking part in the event, whether or not you were responsible and whether or not there is an identified responsible third party. You are only covered during the event from the time you enter in the starting area until the time you cross the finishing line or you abandon the event.
In the event of an accident during your participation in the event, it covers:
- medical costs (within the limits that you have chosen),
- in the event of death or total or partial permanent disability (due to this accident): the payment of compensation (within the limits that you have chosen)
This cover Individual Accident is optional but highly recommended. It can be taken out in addition to any existing insurance you may already have or if you are not already covered. You may purchase the cover from the insurer of your choice, from your federation or from Aon, organizer’s broker, whose proposal (detailed notice and application form) can be consulted and downloaded by clicking on the link below.You can subscribe to the option providing the minimum cover for this offer during your registration for the event and other options by downloading the relevant form here and sending it directly to Aon (firstname.lastname@example.org).